Monday, September 5, 2011

Money Monday

I have decided to start a new posting system.  I am actually trying to get my life more organized and simplified.  I do plan to start a blog about that soon and I will let you know when it is up and running.  Today is going to be Money Monday.  Ever Money I will try and write about new ways to make money every week.  Since I am a stay-at-home mom(SAHM) it will be geared more towards making money from home but some posts will branch out and apply to both the working mom and work-at-home mom(WAHM).  Some will be ways to make money online and also offline.

Today I will be talking about Squidoo.  Until recently I had never heard of  Squidoo.  It is like a mini-website that you can make money on.  It's completely free.  Each mini-website is called a lens.  For example this individual post could be a lens.  Here is an example of one I did.  It is actually an individual post I already posted on this blog.  I just copied what I already wrote.  If you have a blog then I suggest doing the same thing.  It is a great way to tie your blog and your squidoo account together to make even more money.  I'll give you a minute to look over it.....

Ok.  Now that you are back lets take a moment and talk about everything. 

  1. I want to start by telling you that the only thing I did was type the words and I added the two pictures to go along with it.  Squidoo does everything else. 
  2. Next I want to point out all the ads.  Each of those ads that get clicked on I get money from it.  How easy is that?   The ads change every time so there isn't a set amount each time.  But the more your page gets viewed the more people will click on things.
  3. You can also add Amazon to your page.  You want things relevant to your lens.  So if you have on Scrapbooking for instance then you could link it to items on Amazon for scrapbooking. Then on each item that is sold you earn commission on it.  
  4. You also want to be sure to link your post to your blog is you have one.  Then you can have people view both and possibly click on ads on each of them.  It's a great promotional tool.  Squidoo submits everything to google for you so when someone searches your key words they are bound to stumble upon your lens and find your blog.
I suggest you give it a try.  It's free so what do you have to loose?  The more specific the topic the better chance you have for it to be found. For example instead of Scrapbooking as your topic, have it specifically about Where to find supplies to scrapbook.  You get the idea.  There are people who have over 300 different lens.  Just on squidoo alone they make $100's, sometimes even $1000 a month.  It's crazy how much you could make.  

No comments:

Post a Comment